Zetech University - Invent Your Future
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Technology (BST)
The goal of this program is to produce graduates who can influence decision-making in corporate social responsibility, community-based solutions, community relations, diplomacy and research and data analysis for initiation, implementation and assessment of community projects.
- Community and Social Services
- Public health officer
- Juvenile/ parole court specialist
- Human rights officer
- Program supervisor
- Social Policy Analyser
- Government and demographic research
Goal of the program
- To prepare graduates who can integrate sociology and technology in improving the quality of life in society.
- To equip students with skills required to handle issues of human and other multi-disciplinary dispensations.
- To advance careers of students with backgrounds in Community Development, Social work or related fields.
Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- KCSE certificate with a minimum of an aggregate of C+ (plus) or its equivalent as determined by the Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
- Diploma or Degree in a related program or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
- In addition to the minimum entry requirements, there may be program-specific requirements in respect of the mean grade, the subject cluster or individual subjects. Candidates who are admitted under government sponsorship will have their admission cut-off points determined by the Kenya University and Colleges Central Placement Services (KUCCPS). All students placed must meet the minimum University academic requirements for each program.
- Analyze the patterns and processes of cultural, socio-political and technology and their implications for society.
- Synthesize sociological research by use of both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Apply the theories of sociology and technology in solving social problems in context
© Zetech University | Invent Your Future