Zetech University - Invent Your Future
- Bachelor of Journalism (BAJ)
The goal of this program is to equip students with critical skills in digital, broadcast and print media. The graduates of the program will gain hands-on experience in researching, writing, editing, presenting and producing of timely content that meets professional standards.
- Television News Reporter
- Radio News Reporter
- Print Media Reporter
- Communications Officer
- Media Entrepreneur
Goal of the Program
- To produce students who can write a variety of mass media products, such as news stories, press releases, and advertising copies while following the accepted journalistic professional standards.
- Research, write, edit and create materials according to the practices and standards of news organizations, magazines and professional communications.
- To produce students who can assess newsworthy information.
- To produce students who can disseminate news stories through audio and visual communication.
Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ (Plus) with a minimum of C+ (Plus) in English or Kiswahili or its equivalent.
- Holder of a relevant diploma that is recognised by the University Senate.
- Be a holder of a Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and one subsidiary pass.
- Any other qualification as approved by Senate.
- Research, write and edit news stories.
- Disseminate news stories through audio and visual communication.
- Assess newsworthy information.
- Distinguish ethical and unethical journalism practices
© Zetech University | Invent Your Future