Zetech University - Invent Your Future
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science (BSc.AS)
The goal of this program is to produce competent graduates who will be innovative change-makers in the field of Actuarial science. The program takes the field of Mathematics, Accounting and Finance to the next level by developing a career that uses Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, and Business principles to make better decisions using data.
- Actuarial Scientist
- Financial Consultant/Analyst
Goal of the Program
- To provide academic and professional training by exposing students to multidisciplinary knowledge such as Probability, Statistics, Economics, Investment, Finance, Law, Taxation, and Accounting.
- To develop confidence and skills in solving practical problems in actuarial science and other related fields.
- To prepare students who wish to join and further their studies in the actuarial science profession.
- To produce specialists expected to work in life and general insurance, pensions and investment.
- To diversify and expand the scope of fields that actuaries can practice, such as health insurance, solvency measurements and asset-liability management, financial risk management among others
Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ (plus) with a minimum of C+ (Plus) in Mathematics and C+ (plus) in English.
- Have a Diploma in Actuarial Science or any other related field from an accredited institution recognised by the University Senate.
- Apply analytical and quantitative methods to solve problems in insurance, finance, economics, investment, pension and financial risk management.
- Solve actuarial problems using model outputs.
- Develop a formula to calculate the expected present value of complex insurance policies
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in the corporate world.
- Apply the knowledge of stochastic models when determining the behavior of security prices.
- Evaluate the financial implications of risk and uncertainty by developing solutions to reduce the likelihood of undesirable events.
© Zetech University | Invent Your Future