Zetech University - Invent Your Future
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BCS)
The goal of this program is to develop professionals who use Computational thinking in solving complex real-life problems with a knack for Computer programming, Database Management, System Development, Implementation and Maintenance.
- IT Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- System Administrators
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Data Scientists
- IoT Expert
- IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Systems Developer
- GIS Expert
- Game Developer
Goal of the program
- To develop professionals who use Computational thinking in solving complex real-life problems.
- To develop professionals with a knack for Computer programming, Database management, system development, implementation and maintenance.
- To train professionals who can service and manage computer systems at all levels of the organization
- To train learners on cognitive computing as a major emerging trend in today’s computing world.
Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- i.Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C(Plain) in Mathematics, English and Physics/Physical Science or;
- ii.Be a holder of the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) certificate with at least 2 Principle passes in Mathematics and Physics.
- iii.Holder of a related Diploma equivalent to KNEC Diploma from an institution that is recognised by the University Senate with a minimum pass.
- iv.Have any other relevant qualifications from an institution recognised by the Zetech University Senate
- Develop an understanding of how computing technology and computational thinking present new ways of addressing problems through analysis, designing, and evaluation of solutions.
- Analyse legal, professional, ethical and social implications relating to the use of computing technology and information.
- Apply Computer Science theory, principles and Software Development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Apply the principles of Data Management, processing, organization, and retrieval.
- Demonstrate creativity, confidence and effective communication as a professional in the computing technology field.
© Zetech University | Invent Your Future