Zetech University - Invent Your Future
- Certificate in Community Development& Social Work (KNEC)
This programme is designed to equip the trainee with knowledge, skills and attitude that will enable him/her to perform relevant duties related to social work and community development. A graduate of this will be able to work in a salaried or self-employment achieve this, units such as entrepreneurship, communication skills, life skills, information communication technology have been included.
- To equip the social development worker with the necessary knowledge, skills and experience that will enable then to effectively implement national development policies.
- To produce social development workers who appreciate the role of other professionals and involve them in solution of social problems.
- Develop knowledge, skills and positive attitudes for self-improvement and national development.
- To enhance positive attitudes of social development workers towards individuals, family and groups in the society.
- Enhance community participation in social development activities for self-reliance and sustainability.
- Promote ethical practices in the appraisal and solution of social development problems.
- Apply acquired knowledge and skills to perform social work tasks
Key Skills and interests required to pursue a career in this Field i.e,
- Interpersonal Skills
- Social Skills
- Planning Skills
- Communication Skills
- Critical thinking
Admission Requirements i.e.,
- KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of D (plain) with a minimum of KCSE D (Plain) OR
- Equivalent qualifications as approved by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC)
Duration of the Programme
This certificate course shall be offered in Four (4) terms.
- To equip learners with Knowledge and Skills in Social Work field
- To enhance Student’s Knowledge and Understanding of Contemporary Social Problems
- To lay a foundation for students to in readiness for a Diploma in Social Work or any other related academic discipline.
- To equip learners with necessary skills and knowledge to be able to utilize locally available resources for betterment of society
- To promote ethical, legal practices and other emerging issues in appraising and solving social and development problems
- Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (DMEAL) and Capacity Building Coordinator-Sponsorship Operations. …
- Social Behavior Change Lead. …
- Livelihood Assistant. …
- Assistant Economic Inclusion, HIAS Kenya. …
- Project Officer – Child Protection
- Community Development Officer.
- Community Development Support Officer.
- Community Centre Coordinator.
- Community Arts Officer.
- Community Engagement Officer.
- Program Officer.
Diploma, Degree in Humanities and social sciences.
© Zetech University | Invent Your Future