The program aims to produce competent marketing personnel to enable Businesses to reach a larger audience than would possible through traditional marketing methods .
- Potential students interested in public relations, communications,
- Marketing or entrepreneurs wishing to grow their businesses online are encouraged to join the program
- Digital Media Managers.
- Pay-Per-Click Managers.
- SEM/SEO Specialists.
- Content Strategists.
- E-commerce Specialist.
- Brand Marketing Expert.
- Social Media Marketers.
- Have a Minimum Aggregate Grade of D+ (Plus) for Kenya Certificate of Secondary
Education (KCSE) holders or its equivalent as determined by the Kenya National
Examination Council (KNEC)
- Any other qualification as may be approved by University Senate.
Programme Duration and Structure
The duration of the program is one academic year equivalent to 2 semesters.
Mode Of Delivery
The mode of delivery to be used in the programme will be face to face learning and blended
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of the programme the learner should be able to:
- Apply digital marketing strategies, best practices, and tools to increase awareness of a business.
- Apply Digital Marketing skills to boost engagement on social media
- Describe the benefits of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in digital marketing
- Apply email marketing tools in digital marketing
- Describe how tools like Google Analytics and Google Ads are used to measure website
and advert campaign performance
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR CERTIFICATE IN DIGITAL MARKETING
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- CCU 100 Communication Skills
- CCU 101 Information Communication Technology and Ethics
- CMK 111 PRINCIPLES OF DIGITAL MARKETING
- CMK 112 SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- CMK 113 SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- CMK 125 CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MARKETING
- CMK 122 EMAIL MARKETING
- CMK 126 INFLUENCER MARKETING
- CMK 124 MANAGING E-COMMERCE BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- CMK 123 MARKETING ANALYTICS AND MEASUREMENTS