The goal of this program is to give students a strong foundation in political science and a clear understanding of how technology affects the political sphere in this day and age. The program equips students with skills and competencies to analyse and formulate political values, domestic policy issues, public policies, and foreign policies.
- Policy Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Intelligence Analyst
- Civil Services
- Legislative Assistant.
- Public Administrator
- Political Researcher
- Conflict Manager
Goal of the program
- To equip students with skills of understanding and researching politics, political processes and political systems globally.
- To understand and appreciate the role of politics in human life.
- To acquire appropriate skills that can enable students to effectively participate and contribute to political development in the country.
- To cover the greatest growth in the human aspect of life, politics and technology
Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- KCSE certificate with a minimum of an aggregate of C+ (plus) with a minimum of KCSE C+ (Plus) in English/Kiswahili
- KCSE certificate with a minimum of an aggregate of C (plain) and KNEC Diploma or its equivalent from an accredited institution recognized by the University Senate.
- Any other qualifications as approved by the University senate.
- Develop both theoretical and practical knowledge of key issues in Political Science in a rapidly changing technological world.
- Systematically study, analyze and explain key political issues in the current technology age.
- Acquire practical skills to enable them to serve with distinction as professionals in their chosen sub-specialty fields in political science.
- Recommend solutions to some of the growing political issues and problems based on their application of the acquired knowledge.
- Serve in different professional capacities in the private and public sectors as of various states around the world.
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR BACHELOR OF ARTS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE WITH TECHNOLOGY
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- BCU 100 Communication Skills
- BCU 101 Introduction To Computer Studies and Internet
- BCU 102 Health And Wellness Management
- BPT 111 Fundamentals of Political Science
- BPT 112 Fundamentals of Social Sciences
- BPT 113 Political Communication and Technology
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- BPT 121 Public Administration and E-Governance
- BPT 122 Introduction to International Relations and Diplomatic Technologies
- BPT 123 The Practice of Comparative Politics
- BPT 124 East African Politics and Government
- BPT 125 Basics of Political Theory
- ERE 126 PRINCIPLES OF CRITICAL THINKING
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- BPT 211 Introduction to Strategic Cyber-Security
- BPT 212 International Relations of African States
- BPT 213 Political Philosophy
- BPT 214 Introduction to Social Science Research
- BPT 215 Political Economy in a Technological World
- BPT 216 Government and Public Policy Making
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- BPT 221 GENDER AND POLITICS IN A TECHNOLOGICAL SOCIETY
- BPT 222 THOUGHTS AND PRACTICES IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- BPT 223 POLITICAL PARTIES, MOVEMENTS, INTEREST GROUPS AND TECHNOLOGICAL TRENDS
- BPT 224 ADMINISTRATIVE LAW AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES
- BPT 225 AFRICAN POLITICAL THOUGHT
- BPT 226 THE POLITICS OF MILITIAS AND ARMED GROUPS
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1
- BCU 320 Research Methods
- BPT 312 THEORIES OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- BPT 313 INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- BPT 314 POLITICAL SYSTEMS, POLITICAL MOBILIZATION AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPT 315 PUBLIC MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPT 316 TECHNOLOGICAL NATIONALISM
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 2
- BPT 321 PUBLIC POLICY ANALYSIS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- BPT 322 FOREIGN POLICY OF AFRICAN STATES
- BPT 323 POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES
- BPT 324 AFRICAN POLITICS AND GOVERNMENTS
- BPT 325 POLITICS OF DECENTRALIZATION AND RESOURCES
- BPT 326 DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 1
- BBM 412 ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- BCU 400 Research Project
- BPT 411 PROJECT PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- BPT 412 STRATEGIC AND SECURITY STUDIES
- BPT 413 PUBLIC FINANCE MANAGEMENT
- BPT 414 POLITICS OF INDUSTRIALIZED AND TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED STATES
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 2
- BPT 421 GLOBALIZATION AND THE POLITICS OF MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS
- BPT 422 INTERNATIONAL LAW
- BPT 423 CONFLICT MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPT 424 CULTURE, SOCIETY AND POLITICS
- BPT 425 POLITICS OF TERRORISM AND VIOLENT EXTREMISM AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPT 426 INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT