This course will help equip learners with the skills, techniques, and understanding required for successful project management careers in both the public and private sectors of the economy. Through a combination of theory and unique, hands-on learning experience, the programme allows learners to enhance their management skills and gain a professional edge in the job market.
Following the establishment and expansion of many companies, graduates of this course will be professionals in planning, organising, securing, leading and managing resources and tasks in order to achieve specific organizational goals.
- Business Systems Analyst
- Project Manager
- Line Manager
- Project Assistant
- Planning Manager
- To provide specialized training needed for working with development organizations within and outside Kenya.
- To promote understanding of the process of project management and the persons at whom development is aimed.
- To promote an understanding of the impact of project management on economic, political and social environment.
- To enhance skills in management of development projects.
Duration of Programme
Four (4) Trimesters
- Manage the scope, cost, timing, and quality of the project, at all times focused on project success as defined by project stakeholders.
- Align the project to the organization’s strategic plans and business justification throughout its life cycle.
- Identify project goals, constraints, deliverables, performance criteria, control needs, and resource requirements in consultation with stakeholders
- Implement project management knowledge, processes, life cycle and the embodied concepts, tools and techniques in order to achieve project success.
- Interact with team and stakeholders in a professional manner, respecting differences, to ensure a collaborative project environment.
- Implement general business concepts, practices, and tools to facilitate project success.
- Apply appropriate legal and ethical standards.
- Adapt project management practices to meet the needs of stakeholders from multiple,
- Appraise the role of project management in organisation change.
- An aggregate grade of C- (C Minus) and above in K.C.S.E
- D- in either English or Kiswahili
- D- in either Mathematics /Business Studies/Geography/History/CRE/Computer Studies/Agriculture
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR DIPLOMA IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- DCU 100 Communication Skills
- DCU 102 Entrepreneurship Skills
- DCU 203 Health and Wellness
- DCU 101 Information Communication and Technology And Ethics
- DPM 101 Introduction To Project Planning And Management
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- DPM 202 Conflict Resolution
- DPM 204 Gender And Development
- DPM 203 Management Of Non Governmental Organization
- DBM 102 Principles of Management
- DPM 205 Total Quality Management
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- DPM 303 Community Participation In Project Management
- DPM 302 Disaster Management
- DPM 301 Project Monitoring And Evaluation
- DPM 304 Project Planning Design And Implementation
- DCU 301 Research Methods
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- DPM 401 Basic Statistics
- DPM 404 Environmental Management
- DMT 205 Introduction to Business Statistics
- DPM 402 Project Financing And Finance Management
- DPM 403 Project Leadership And Governance
- DPM 405 Strategic Planning And Management