Zetech records successful adoption of online blended learning – Zetech University

Zetech University - Invent Your Future

News & Events

Zetech University- Invent Your Future

Zetech records successful adoption of online blended learning

The shift to virtual learning has provided an opportunity for millions to study online and enjoy a new mode of learning. Zetech University, which transitioned to remote learning in April, has recorded an impressive 80% uptake of online learning by students, with over 800 Government-sponsored students in Kenya registering for the July 2020 intake alone.
The new normal that has changed how we deliver education services has proved to be an advantage for the Zetech fraternity, with students adapting to the online blended learning programme that mirrors face-to-face learning through video conferencing and other interactive education apps.

According to DVC Academics, Research, Extensions and Student Affairs Dr. Alice Njuguna, the University’s investment in an e-learning management system is paying off, with parents and students appreciating the advantages of virtual learning. “Learning online is a global trend, which has been done for many years. We are glad that our learners have embraced online learning, as it is interactive and effective. “Dr. Njuguna said, adding that the students also get to enjoy online discussions with their peers as well as personalized attention from their lecturers.

The virtual learning system, which is on offer for the September 2020 intake, resulted in a 91% uptake of online exams in the May-August semester with the remaining 9% students sitting for special exams in the month of July.
Commenting on the provision of online studies for practical courses, Dr. Njuguna highlighted that leading universities have adopted simulations and online videos that can train students on practical aspects of their course. “Technical courses have been taught fully online in various universities across the world through simulations that enable students to grasp concepts. It is prudent that we embrace these technologies to enhance the learning experience.” She noted.

Echoing her sentiments, VC Prof Njenga Munene emphasises that to compete globally, students in the country must adopt to developing technologies for the positive impact they have on higher education, especially during this time of covid-19. “At Zetech, we have realized that online learning is effective and students are able to access classes, visit the e-library and undertake online assessments and exams to ensure they graduate on time. This testifies to our commitment to ready students for the market by ensuring they embrace use of technology for education and life.” He said.

The University is proud to have undertaken a successful July intake with hundreds joining the e-learning platform and enjoying 10GB free data bundles provided each month by Zetech to facilitate learning and discounted fees to enable them to purchase the necessary smart devices to access online classes. This September, the University has invited students to register for online degrees, online diplomas and online certificates and learn through the virtual learning platform.

© Zetech University | Invent Your Future
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons