The goal of the Diploma in Business Intelligence and Analytics course is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of data-driven decision-making and equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to extract valuable insights from data. The program aims to develop competent professionals who can effectively analyze complex datasets using advanced tools and techniques such as data mining, statistical analysis, data visualization, and machine learning.
Rational of the program
The rationale behind offering a Diploma in Business Intelligence and Analytics course is to address the growing demand for professionals who can effectively harness data to drive business decision-making and innovation. In today's data-driven world, organizations rely heavily on insights derived from data to stay competitive and adapt to changing market dynamics. This diploma program aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to collect, analyze, and interpret data, using cutting-edge tools and techniques. By fostering a data-driven mindset, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, the course prepares graduates to excel in various industries, providing them with a strong foundation to contribute to business success through informed decision-making and strategic planning. The program's focus on practical applications and real-world projects ensures that graduates are well-prepared to meet the challenges of the modern business landscape and make a positive impact in the field of business intelligence and analytics.
Key Skills and interests required to pursue a career in this Field
Students with a background in the following areas are encouraged to pursue the course:
- Analytical Skills
- Technical Skills
- Data Management
- Basic Statistical Knowledge
- Communication Skills
- Problem-Solving Mindset
- Attention to Detail
- Team Collaboration
- Project Management
- Strong Interest in Data and Analytics.
Holder of the following shall be eligible for admission into the Diploma in Business Intelligence and Analytics program:
- A holder of aggregate grade of C- (minus) and above in KCSE or a certificate in the relevant field.
- Any other qualification approved by the University Senate.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The duration of the program is Two academic years equivalent to 4 semesters.
By the end of the programme, the graduate should be able to:
- Design data models for business intelligence.
- Analyze real-world datasets and present data-driven recommendations
- Create compelling data visualizations and reports to communicate findings
- Apply data analytics to solve complex business challenges and support decision-making
- Utilize advanced analytics techniques, such as predictive modeling and data mining, to derive insights
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Customer Insights Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst