Post Graduate Programmes
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
Rationale of the program
The rationale of this Programme is to enable learners to develop new insights regarding the most critical issues in business management and administration in society; to produce top-notch and excellent leaders, managers, and academicians in society. The Programme will also contribute to the next generation of faculty and leaders, who will make a difference in the world through their teaching, research, and practice toward the attainment of Kenya’s Vision 2030, Africa’s Vision 2063, and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These will be social scientists with the highest levels of commitment to continuous learning, leadership excellence, and professional development to offer practical solutions to society based on empirical evidence.
The goal of the programme is to produce doctoral graduates who are problem solvers and innovative change agents both in academia and in the practical field of business administration and management
Key Skills and interests required to pursue a Career in this field
Graduates who would wish to advance their skills in the following areas are encouraged to apply;
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management
- Business Intelligence & data analytics
Holder of the following shall be eligible for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration and Management program:
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university and has obtained first-class honors or Second-Class honors upper Division or equivalent pass in their undergraduate studies.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university and have obtained Second Class honors Lower Division or pass at the undergraduate degree and have worked for at least 2 years.
- Any other relevant qualification as may be approved by the University Senate.
Duration of the Programme
The duration of the PhD-BAM Programme shall be Three (3) academic years organized into six (6) semesters.
By the end of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- Analyze contemporary business management and administration issues within their areas of specialization.
- Conduct solution-based research.
- Analyze business problems and craft suitable alternative solutions.
- Apply practical methodological skills for the analysis of large quantitative & qualitative data sets.
- Develop relevant networks and associations at the regional and international levels of academic communities for the advancement of knowledge.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Supply Chain Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
To produce competent and innovative leaders who are change-makers in their occupations and areas of specialization in management. This involves identifying, creating, assessing, shaping and decisively acting on opportunities in a variety of contexts and organizations while taking cognizance of sustainable social, environmental and economic values.
Why the Zetech University MBA experience?
The Zetech University Master of Business Administration (ZU-MBA) is a unique and innovative journey towards an advanced degree in management to function both locally and internationally. This journey:
- Develops you to be a professional who is committed to excellence in management with Integrity and Ethical responsibility, Entrepreneurial orientation, Innovation and Creativity.
- Offers you an opportunity to gain deeper knowledge and relevant analytical skills in management from a holistic view of business across a wide range of disciplines such as entrepreneurship and innovation, business intelligence and data analytics, human resources, strategic management, procurement and logistics and finance and investment.
- Integrates both theory and practice including use of real-time case studies, extensive field/industrial experience through visits and lectures from renowned guest speakers and captains of industry.
- Nurtures you to be a catalyst of change and solution provider in any ecosystem of development goals such as Kenya Vision 2030, global Millennium Development Goal (MDGs) and Africa agenda 2063, among others.
- Challenges you to ‘invent your future’ by thinking beyond the ordinary in developing a dynamic mindset to fit in all environmental ecosystems either as a salaried senior executives in business/industry, and/or in academia, and/or as a proud executive of your own firm and an employer.
Who may apply?
The program provides opportunities for qualified first-degree holders of all domains of knowledge who wish to pursue advanced studies in management and so as to attain qualifications for positions in business and management, and academic growth.
Areas of specialization:
It provides specialization areas in:
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology.
- Financial Management and Investment.
- Human Resource Management.
- Strategic Management.
- Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics.
Structure of the program
This a 2-year program that comprise of 1-year (2 semesters) of coursework and 1-year (2 semesters) of research.
MBA Research Project
By the commencement of the 2nd year of study, the students will be expected to identify a research topic of their interest for which in collaboration with the University will identify two (2) qualified and experienced research supervisors who will ensure timely completion.
The program is taught by highly qualified and experienced faculty in conjunction with visiting industry experts and external collaborating local and international faculty who infuse an industry-academia flavor in the knowledge and competencies delivered.
Mode of study:
The program is offered on evening/weekend classes via Face to face or the Blended e-learning mode.
To view units offered click here MBA Units offered.
Cost of the degree: Please click here to download the MBA Brochure