This is a programme tailored to prepare learners to be technological experts in their career choices in future to be reliable employees. The course is structured to equip students with the skills required to effectively contribute to this rapidly evolving field and provides them with knowledge and practical experience of the latest technologies needed to excel in the Computer Science world.
- Computer systems analyst
- Computer network architect
- Software application developer
- IT specialist
- Information research scientist
- Advance in graduate studies or be successful practitioners in applied or theoretical fields.
- Apply communication and organizational skills in the context of ethical issues affecting the discipline or society.
- Think critically and creatively to solve local or global problems and become lifelong learners and contributors to society.
- Apply knowledge and skills to solve problems effectively and efficiently that contributes to the technical advancement of computer science.
Duration of Programme
- Four(4) trimesters
Minimum Entry Requirements
- An aggregate mean grade of C- and above in K.C.S.E
- D- in Mathematics
- D- in either English or Kiswahili OR Relevant qualification approved by the University Senate
- Demonstrate comprehension of math, science, and basic computer science topics.
- Have the ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer based systems.
- Exhibit problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to use techniques, skills, and modern software tools necessary for professional practice.
Work effectively in teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and apply concepts of engineering economics and project planning.
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- DIT 104 Basic Mathematics
- DCU 100 Communication Skills
- DIT 101 Computer Applications
- DAC 203 Financial Accounting I
- DCU 101 Information Communication and Technology And Ethics
- DSE 101 Structured Programming
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- DIT 205 Computer Networks/ CCNA
- DBT 201 Computer Organization
- DIT 203 Database Systems
- DIT 206 Principles Of Computer Support And Maintenance
- DIT 201 System Analysis And Design
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- DCS 306 Digital Logic
- DSE 201 Discrete Mathematics
- DIT 301 Object Oriented Programming
- DSE 302 Probability And Statistics
- DCS 303 Programming Desktop Applications
- DSE 403 Web Development I
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- DIT 407 Advanced Object Oriented Programming
- DCS 406 Calculus
- DCS 401 Computer Ethics & Social Values
- DCS 402 Distributed Systems
- DBT 303 Research Methods In It (System Proposal)
- DIT 303 Software Engineering
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1
- DCS 504 Computer Security
- DCU 102 Entrepreneurship Skills
- DCU 300 Industrial attachment
- DBT 305 MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS(MIS)
- DIT 409 Network Design And Administration
- DSE 506 Research Project (Final Project)
- DSE 505 Web Development II