The programme seeks to provide learners with foundational knowledge in the area of Cyber Security. Graduates will have basic skills to work as cyber security analysts, administrative assistants, and technical support. This program will provide candidates with both technical, non-technical and communication skills required to work in dynamic and emerging IT and business worlds
The programme shall focus on providing basic training, knowledge, and skills necessary for a professional to provide technical support and manage basic security infrastructure in a dynamic ICT industry.
KEY SKILLS AND INTERESTS REQUIRED TO PURSUE A CAREER IN THIS FIELD
- Critical thinking Skills
- Analytical skills
- Planning Skills
- Communication Skills
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of D+
- Any other qualification recognized by the University Senate
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
Certificate in Cyber Security and Forensics shall be offered over the duration of 1 Academic Year (2 Semesters). A Semester shall comprise fourteen (14) weeks
- Perform basic routine maintenance of ICT infrastructure in a real-life environment.
- Carry out basic diagnosis and maintenance on IT systems with a bias to systems security.
- Analyze legal, professional, ethical and social implications related to cyber security.
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Administrative Assistant
- Cyber Security Systems assistant
- IT Security Assistant
- Ethical Hacker